The Huawei P40 Pro is a flagship smartphone from Huawei. It is powered by a Kirin 990 5G, octa-core processor. It comes with an 8GB RAM with internal storage variants of 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB. The OLED display of this phone with 6.58-inches of screen size is gorgeous. The phone runs on Android 10.
This article is intended to be a complete guide on Huawei P40 Pro smartphone. It provides details of how to root the Huawei P40 Pro and how to perform a factory reset on it. The details of how to take a screenshot and sending GIFs using this phone are also discussed.
How to Root Huawei P40 Pro
You can root your Huawei P40 Pro smartphone using the Magisk app. The process for doing the same is as follows:
- Download the Magisk Zip and Magisk Manager APK file on the phone.
- Once downloaded, move the file to the internal storage of the phone.
- Switch off your phone and wait for a few seconds.
- Now press the power button and volume down button at the same time. Release all the buttons once the phone powers up and the logo appears on the display.
- Go to the “Recovery Mode” and tap on “install” on the TWRP Recovery.
- On the next screen, locate the Magisk Zip file on your smartphone.
- Install the Magisk Zip file and wait till the installation is complete.
- Once the flashing is completed, reboot your Huawei P40 Pro smartphone.
- Once your phone reboots, install the Magisk APK file on it.
- You have successfully completed the rooting process for your Huawei P40 Pro smartphone.
Also, Read: How to Root Moto G Power
Pros of Rooting
Rooting your smartphone provides you new alternatives and features. You can get access to developer features that were unavailable earlier. You can have administrator control over a rooted Android smartphone. A rooted smartphone offers flexibility to control the working of RAM, battery, operating system, etc. You can overclock the processor to get more power or underclock it to improve battery life. You can install custom skin and ROM on your smartphone. Rooting allows you to completely change the look and feel of your Huawei P40 smartphone. Another advantage of rooting a phone is that you can remove the pre-installed apps which is not possible on a regular unrooted smartphone. https://www.techmarkets.org/ This helps to declutter your phone and free up internal storage, thereby improving the phone’s performance.
Cons of Rooting
While you may get new features on your Huawei P40 Pro smartphone on rooting it, there are few potential drawbacks of rooting too. One of the biggest deterrents in rooting a smartphone is that it makes the warranty void. You will lose the manufacturer’s warranty once you root your smartphone. Rooting a smartphone is a technical and sometimes complex process. You should be careful while rooting. Your phone may get damaged due to technical issues during the process. Hence, you should root your smartphone only if you have sound knowledge of doing so. You should also check your agreement if your phone is bought on lease or carrier contract. Rooting the phone may result in a breach of the contract.
Also, Read: How to Reboot LG G9 ThinQ – Restart LG G9 ThinQ
Precautions Before Rooting
You must be cautious before rooting your smartphone. Rooting is a lengthy process and you must ensure that the phone is adequately charged before starting the process. If the phone gets switched off in between, then it may get severely damaged. The stored data on the phone may get erased during rooting, hence, you should take data backup before rooting.
How to Take Screenshot on Huawei P40 Pro
You may want to capture important information or resource appearing on your phone’s screen. This can be done by taking a screenshot. You can use the screenshot for future reference and use. The various methods for taking screenshots on your Huawei P40 Pro smartphone are detailed below:
Taking Screenshot Using Physical Buttons
You can capture a screenshot on your Huawei P40 Pro smartphone using the physical buttons. The process for the same is as follows:
- Choose the screen for which you want to take a screenshot.
- Press the power button and volume down button at the same time. For capturing a video, you should press the power button and volume up button.
- Your screenshot has been captured and saved in the gallery. If you want to capture a photo click here.
Also, Read: How To Root Google Pixel 3A and 4XL
Taking Screenshot Using the Notification Panel
The process for taking a screenshot using the phone’s notification panel is as follows:
- Prepare the screen you want to take a screenshot of.
- Pull the notification panel on your phone down.
- Tap on the screenshot icon in the notification panel.
- Your screenshot will be captured and saved in the phone’s gallery.
How to do a Factory Reset on Huawei P40 Pro
There may be situations when you would want to restore your smartphone to the default settings it shipped with. Your phone may start malfunctioning due to a recent software upgrade, installation of new apps, or other technical issues. This can be done by performing a factory reset. The process for doing a factory reset on your Huawei P40 Pro smartphone is as follows:
- Press the power button for a few seconds and wait till the phone is switched off.
- Press the power button and volume up button at the same time till the phone powers on.
- Once the phone reboots, use the power button and volume keys to choose the “Clear Data” option.
- Select “Factory Reset” on the next screen and choose “Yes” from the Huawei P40 Pro keyboard displayed on the screen.
- Tap on the “Factory Reset” and wait for the process to get completed.
- You can now reboot your smartphone. Once the phone restarts, the factory reset process is complete.
Also, Read: How to Record Screen on LG Stylo 5
Why Factory Reset is Needed
You may need to restore your smartphone to the original settings it shipped with. There may be times when you do a software upgrade that can result in performance issues on the phone. If basic troubleshooting does not resolve these issues, then a factory reset may be your last resort. Most users install several android apps on their smartphones. Some of these apps may cause the phone to malfunction. A factory reset can help to address these problems. Doing a factory reset is highly recommended before selling or exchanging your smartphone. Factory reset will remove all personal data, settings, saved passwords, etc. from the phone and ensure that the buyer cannot access and misuse them later.
Precautions Before Doing a Factory Reset
The factory reset should not be done regularly for resolving minor technical issues. These minor performance issues like freezing of app, phone getting hanged, etc. should be resolved through basic troubleshooting. You should ensure to take data backup of your smartphone before doing a factory reset as all stored data will be erased. The data backup will help to restore your phone back to its original settings and installations quickly.
Also, Read: How to Root Huawei P21 Pro
How to Send GIFs from Huawei P40 Pro
GIFs can make any conversation more interactive and fun. You can use popular apps like GIPHY to send interactive GIFs to your contacts. GIPHY also offers an exclusive GIF keyboard which makes it easier to search and share GIFs instantly. There are numerous GIFs in the GIPHY gallery for you to choose from. GIPHY camera is a new interactive feature that lets you use your phone’s camera to create GIFs.