For students of class 7, they will have a single science book, which will cover all the topics. Science is one such subject where you cannot simply memorize everything but must pay proper attention and understand the topics. Now, an examination is always conducted to test this very knowledge of the student. Having a strong academic background is imperative for the future and we are not only talking about marks here but also the understanding a student can have related to the subject.
With proper planning and preparation, students will be able to ditch any jitters and ace their exams. In this article, we will tell you exactly how a student can prepare for their Class 7 Science exam to be able to score well.
Class 7 Science Syllabus
- Nutrition in plants
- Nutrition in animals
- Fibre to Fabric
- Acids, Bases, and Salts
- Physical and Chemical Changes
- Weather Climate and Adaptation of Animals to Climate
- Winds, Storms, and Cyclones
- Respiration in Organisms
- Transportation in Animals and Plants
- Reproduction in Plants
- Motion and Time
- Electric Current and Its Effects
- Water: A Precious Resource
- Waste Water Story
The CBSE Syllabus for class 7 is wholesome and it introduces students to chemistry, physics, and biology, preparing them for the upcoming grades.
How To Prepare For Class 7 Science Exam
Come Up With A Time Table
A timetable is essential for your child before they jump into studies. Don’t cramp the timetable with a plethora of revisions, but just enough that your child will be able to remember everything. Now that you know there are 17 chapters, plan a timetable where your child will learn the new chapter, revise, and take a test. Then proceed to the next chapter and the same methodology is followed. After 4-5 chapters, your child can revise them and take a test for all 4-5 chapters. Do the same for the rest of the lessons.
This is just an idea, which you can customize according to your child’s requirements. Make sure you have an ample amount of time kept aside to revise all the chapters again and solve the sample papers. The advantage of solving sample papers is that your child will be able to take a mock exam and check their strengths and weaknesses, and also how easily they can solve the questions within the given timeframe.
A Designated Study Area is Important
If your child has a habit of studying anywhere and everywhere, it is on you to get rid of this habit. Having a designated study area will ensure your child studies without any distractions and once they exit that area, they can enjoy their own time. If you have a study room at home, that’s the best study area. Also, when children are studying at home, refrain from watching television at a loud volume as it tends to distract them. When your child is studying, make sure they take a break every 30 minutes to stretch and move around for 3-5 minutes.
Let Them Enjoy Their Free-Time
Study and more study can frustrate the child. Therefore, have a set time in place. Hypothetically, let’s say from 6 PM to 9 PM. Now, post 9 PM, let them enjoy their own free time and do things they enjoy doing. This will help them relax and not get overwhelmed by their studies. You can also choose the timing based on when they are most active. For instance, if you think your child studies better early in the mornings, you can do a significant amount of studying then or evening.
Taking Good Care of Oneself
Apart from studies, it is also important to ensure your child takes care of himself properly. This includes;
- Proper sleep for at least 8 hours is necessary as it ensures an increase in productivity and keeps their brain active.
- Healthy eating is a must. Make sure your child doesn’t skip any meals and consumes a well-balanced meal every day.
- Exercise is important. If your child is into sports, make sure they practice for an hour at least every day.
Video Learning and More
Today, we live in a tech-savvy world. It means, there are other means to make learning fun, such as video learning and interactive games. These methods help engage children while they learn and ensure studying is no longer boring.
Group Studies Can Help
Sometimes, studying with friends can help. You can involve your child’s peers and have a study date. This can be a weekly thing, which can make the whole activity more interesting.
Things To Do Before and During Your Exam
- During the night before, make sure your child only does a quick revision and doesn’t study anything new as this will only confuse him.
- Let your child sleep early and get enough rest to make sure they wake up happy and active in the morning.
- On the day of the exam, make sure your child eats a nutritious breakfast. He can wake up and do a quick revision. However, tell your child to refrain from talking to their friends or discussing the subject before the exam as it can confuse them and make them forget things.
- During the exam, tell your child to be calm and answer the questions without any fear. If they forget anything, let them not waste their time on it and instead move on, finish the paper and then work on them.
- Once they are done with the paper, make sure your child goes through the whole paper to check if they have written everything correctly. This will help them correct any silly mistakes.
These are some of the tips to help your child prepare for the class 7 science exam with ease. Try these methods as they can help your child score better.