How to Update LG Stylo 5 to Android Pie? The Android operating system keeps on updating to provide an enhanced and improved experience to the user. Starting from Android 1 to Android 9, it has made significant enhancements to provide better vision and functionality.
Moreover, each version of the Android OS has been assigned a specific dessert code. The name assigned to each android OS is given below:
Android 5: Lollipop
Android 6: Marshmallow
Android 7: Nougat
Android 8: Oreo
And the latest version of Android OS is Android 9, named as Android Pie.
So, you might be looking to update your LG Stylo 5 to the latest version of Android OS, i.e., Android Pie. If yes, then follow us till the end as we will be describing some methods that will help you to upgrade your LG Stylo 5 to Android Pie.
Before moving towards the methods to update your LG Stylo 5 to Android Pie, let’s discuss a few benefits of the Android Pie. These enhanced features of Android Pie will encourage you to update your phone to the latest version instantly.
Enhanced Features of Android 9 (Android Pie)
- Provides multi-camera and Bluetooth connections support
- Enhanced Brightness
- Do Not Disturb Mode
- Functionality for setting the limits for app usage
- Offers High Dynamic Range (HDR) VP9 Profile 2
- Displays the time you spend on your phone
- Provides Intuitive navigation
- Improved gesture control interface with no back button and multitasking button
Having read the features, you might be now wishing to upgrade your current Android version to the latest Android version.
However, the Android system update is not that simple. Even after reading a lot of tutorials, you might face difficulties in upgrading your phone.
To make the process easier for you, here we are introducing two simple and effective ways to update your Android version.
Method #1: Upgrading through OTA Updates
The first and most straightforward method to upgrade your LG Stylo 5 to Android 9 is through OTA (over-the-air) updates. You will get a notification from OTA when the Android Pie update is available.
As soon as you get the notification, open it, and tap on the update. Your phone will instantly start upgrading to the latest Android system, i.e., Android Pie.
However, if, for any reason, it doesn’t appear on your phone or you accidentally cleared the notification, then you need to update your phone to the latest version manually. To do so, follow the guidelines provided below:
- Connect your LG Stylo 5 to the Wi-Fi Network.
- Open Settings > About device, then tap on System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version.
- As soon as you do so, your phone will automatically reboot and will start to upgrade.
Method #2: Updating Using Upgrade Package
This method involves upgrading your LG Stylo 5 using the upgrade package. What happens is that the official website of mobile phone manufacturers updates some system files for their users so that they can download and upgrade those files.
You have to go to the download center of your Android Phone’s official website and download the latest system upgrade package for LG Stylo 5. As soon as the download is completed, store the data in the SD card.
- Now to update the Android OS version, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Settings > Tap on About phone> System Update
- Once your phone shows the available update package, tap Continue to download and then install the package.
- Now reboot your phone, and it will be updated to the Android 9.0 Pie automatically.
So, that’s it for the step by step guide to upgrading your LG Stylo 5 to Android Pie 9. If you have any questions, you can ask us in the comment box.