Do you want to root your new shiny smartphone? Have you bought a new cell phone and want to get rid of system applications and settings? Are you facing issues in rooting your new LG Stylo 5? If yes, then don’t worry. Sit back and read this article to know about secure methods to Root LG Stylo 5.
What is Meant by Rooting your Device?
Rooting a device means to take full control of your Android device. If you can root your phone, you can run apps that require access to specific system settings and at the same time flash custom ROMs to your phone.
You will be able to delete any built-in apps by rooting your device. In short, after rooting, your smartphone will have the ability to customize beyond limits.
Should I Root my LG Stylo 5
Now the question arises that should you root your android device? The answer is not that simple. It may be Yes, No or Maybe.
So, before going through to the procedure, let’s have a look at the advantages and disadvantages of rooting your LG Stylo 5.
Advantages of Rooting LG Stylo 5
- The best advantage is that the user gets full control of his android device
- If you Root the device you have the ability to replace the system applications and settings
- Rooting gives the ability to run specialized apps that require administrator-level permissions
- If you are able to Root your device you will be able to completely remove or replace the device’s operating system
- Rooting helps in installing custom ROMs on your phone
Disadvantages of Rooting LG Stylo 5
- Rooting your device will open it to all sorts of malware if your phone does not have proper antivirus protection for Android.
- If you goof up the rooting process, i.e., something goes wrong during the process, your phone software can get entirely damaged, and your phone will be as useless as a brick. It might become dead and not usable anymore.
- Though It’s legal to root your phone; however, if you do it, your device instantly gets out of warranty.
Suppose you root your phone and after some time, you face any problem in it. Due to android rooting, the warranty will no longer be valid, and the manufacturer will not cover the claim.
- Performance of your phone might get affected due to the lack of optimization for a particular model.
Features of LG Stylo 5
Let’s have a quick look at some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched LG Stylo 5 smartphone.
- It has 6.2-inch Full HD display with a resolution of 2160×1080 pixels
- The phone has a 3GB RAM and 32GB Storage
- It has a 13MP Rear Camera and 5MP Selfie Camera
- LG Stylo 5 has a Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
Important Instructions Before Rooting your LG Stylo 5
- Make sure that your phone is fully charged to avoid any interruption. Otherwise, your phone might become dead.
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader on LG Stylo 5 before rooting.
- Before rooting the LG Stylo 5, do install TWRP Recovery on LG Stylo 5.
How to Root LG Stylo 5
There are many methods to root your LG Stylo 5, but let’s discuss two of these methods. These two methods are easy to apply and provide the best results.
Method 1 – Root LG Stylo 5 Using SuperSu
Follow the instructions given below to root your LG Stylo 5:
- First thing first, install the custom recovery(TWRP or CWM anyone) on your phone as you will this to flash a zip file from TWRP. For this you have to install TWRP Recovery as you can check above link in “Important instructions before rooting” section and install it.
- Download the Super SU zip file and save it to the storage of the LG Stylo 5
- Now Boot into TWRP recovery
- Now, Tap on the install or flash button. Select the Super SU file from your phone’s storage
- Then Click on confirm flash
- Once the process is successful, tap on the reboot button. The phone will restart
- Cheers! You have rooted your LG Stylo 5. You will be able to see the Super SU app in the menu.
- Now you can install custom ROM on your phone
Method 2 – Root LG 5 using KingRoot
This method helps to reboot your LG Stylo 5 in a single click. Follow the steps given below to reboot your phone.
- Download the app named KingRoot on your LG Stylo 5
- Install the app on your phone and enable unknown sources in the setting menu.
- Now open the app in your smartphone and click on the button – “No Root Permission.”
- Do not touch your phone screen while the rooting process is going on.
- That’s it; your LG Stylo 5 has been rooted.
So, that’s it for the step by step guide on rooting your LG Stylo 5. I hope this article helped you in successfully rooting your phone.
I’ve been trying to find a new budget phone that I’m able to root but it’s been a difficult process. I went to MetroPCS and received a deal on a Coolpad Legacy. I took that home and attempted to root it without any luck. The next month, I switched to Boost Mobile and received a free Samsung Galaxy A20. Again, I took that home and attempted to root it but was disappointed. I’m a fan of the LG Stylo. I had the Stylo 1, the Stylo 3, and the Stylo 4. When I did have them, the Stylo 3 and Stylo 4 was unfortunately unrootable (this was around the beginning of this year, fyi). I’m strongly considering switching to Cricket service in order to get the free Stylo 5. My question is this, have you actually rooted a Stylo 5 successfully with one or more of these methods or are these methods just generalized, a sort of “blanket methods”? Please don’t take offense to my question because I’m legitimately curious to find out more information about this subject. I’m not that experienced and would be incredibly grateful to receive any sort of direction or guidance.
Yes, We have implemented the method to Root LG Stylo 5 using SuperSu. No doubt, the KingRoot method is also legible but we have not confirmed from this way yet. But If you follow the steps you can do. Otherwise, you can follow SuperSu method which is implemented. Thankyou