Do you want to root your new smartphone? Do you want to get rid of system applications and settings from your newly bought cellphone? Are you looking for methods to root your new LG G9 ThinQ?
If yes, then don’t worry. We will explain the complete procedure that will make your roosting process easier.
Why Should You Root your LG G9 ThinQ?
You might be thinking that why should I root my LG G9 ThinQ? Is it good to root my phone, or it’s bad? The answer to this question depends on your requirements.
If you want to take full control of your device, you should root your LG G9 ThinQ.
To know more about the fact that you should root your android device or not, let’s go through the advantages and disadvantages of rooting LG G9 ThinQ.
Advantages of Rooting LG G9 ThinQ
- Rooting makes it possible for you to take full control of your android phone
- Rooting you LG G9 ThinQ will make it possible for you to replace system applications and settings
- It allows running specialized apps that require administrator-level permissions
- Rooting facilitates the complete removal or replacement of the device’s operating system
- It helps in installing custom ROMs on your LG G9 ThinQ
Disadvantages of Rooting LG G9 ThinQ
- Rooting LG G9 ThinQ will open it to all sorts of malware.
- If something goes wrong during the rooting process, your phone can get entirely damaged and will become as useless as a brick.
- Though It’s legal to root your LG G9 ThinQ; however, as soon as you do it, your device gets out of warranty.
So, if you face any problem after rooting
your phone, you won’t be able to claim the warranty.
- The performance of your LG G9 ThinQ might get affected due to the lack of optimization for a particular model.
Features of LG G9 ThinQ
Let’s have a look at some of the features and specifications of the LG G9 ThinQ smartphone.
- The phone comes with an OLED display
- LG G9 ThinQ features four rear cameras which are capable of focusing at 16 different angles
Important Instructions Before Rooting your LG G9 ThinQ
- Make sure that your phone is fully charged. Otherwise, your phone might become dead.
- Unlock the bootloader before rooting.
- Before rooting the LG G9 ThinQ, do install TWRP Recovery.
How to Root LG G9 ThinQ
There are many methods to root your LG G9 ThinQ, however, let’s discuss two methods at this point. These methods are easy to apply and provide the best results.
Method#1: Rooting LG G9 Thin Q Using SuperSU
Follow the instructions given below to root your LG G9 ThinQ Pro:
- Install the custom recovery on your phone as you will need this to flash a zip file from TWRP
- Download the SuperSU zip file and store it to the internal memory of the LG G9 ThinQ
- Boot into TWRP recovery
- Tap on the install button. Select the SuperSU file from your phone’s storage
- Click on confirm flash
- After that, tap on the reboot button. The phone will restart
- Congratulations! You have rooted your LG G9 ThinQ. You will see the SuperSU app in the menu.
- Now you can easily install custom ROM on your phone
Method#2: Rooting LG G9 ThinQ Using KingoRoot
This method helps to root your LG G9 ThinQ very easily. Follow the steps given below to root your phone.
- Download the KingoRoot Android app (PC Version) on your Computer
- Install and Launch it onto your PC
- Once the installation process is complete, double click on the icon of the KingoRoot and launch the software.
- Enable the USB debugging on your LG G9
- Connect your LG G9 ThinQ to your PC using USB Cable
- After connection, KingoRoot will automatically install the device driver if it is not installed. Be patient for this process
- Allow USB debugging from your Computer.
A notification will pop-up on your LG G9 ThinQ when you will connect it to your computers. Click “OK” to authorize it.
- Now click on “ROOT” so that your device starts rooting
- Let the process continue, and after a few minutes your LG G9 ThinQ will be rooted
- Hopefully, the process will be successful. However, if your process fails, then either reread the steps and repeat the process or tell us in the comments section below.
So, that’s the step by step guide on rooting your LG G9 ThinQ. We hope it helped you in successfully rooting your phone. If you face any problem, feel free to inform us.