If you want to factory reset your LG G9 ThinQ, then you are at the right place. Stay attached to this article till the end as we will be providing a few methods that will help you to factory reset your phone easily.
Why Should You Factory Reset Your LG G9 ThinQ?
Before moving to the factory, reset procedure, let’s first discuss why should you reset your LG G9 ThinQ. Let’s discuss what the pros and cons of factory resetting your LG G9 ThinQ are.
- As soon as you reset your LG G9 ThinQ to default settings, the cell phone starts performing better
- The phone becomes faster
- LG G9 ThinQ becomes smooth in operation as its memory frees up
- The phone looks like a new phone
- Entire phone data will be erased (If a backup has not planned)
- The settings of your LG G9 ThinQ get reverted to default settings
Important Instructions Before Resetting your LG G9 ThinQ
Before you hard reset your LG G9 ThinQ, you should follow the instructions given below:
- Make sure a backup is arranged to recover your data
- Arrange a proper backup for all your contacts.
- Manage a backup plan for all your important messages
How to Hard Reset LG G9 ThinQ
There are many methods to factory reset your LG G9 ThinQ. However, we will discuss only two methods here. These methods are easy to follow and make the job easier for you. You can adopt any of the two methods from the following to the factory reset your LG G9 ThinQ.
Method#1: Hard Reset LG G9 Thin Q Using the Phone Settings
This is the easiest method to reset your phone, and it allows you to reset your LG G9 ThinQ from the settings panel. Follow the steps given below to factory reset your phone.
- Open the settings of your phone and go to “General Settings”
- Then tap on “backup and reset“
- Now tap on “Factory Data Reset“
- Now Choose the option “Reset Phone” appearing at the bottom
- Finally, tap on “Delete All“
- Your phone will turn off and switch back to default settings
Method#2: Hard Rest Using Recovery Mode
This method comes into play when you want to factory reset your LG G9 ThinQ, and the phone is unresponsive. It means you can’t access the phone settings.
So now you’ll have to factory reset your phone using the Recovery mode. Follow the instructions given below to factory reset your phone using the recovery mode
- Turn off your LG G9 ThinQ by pressing the power button for a few seconds
- Then press and hold “Volume Down + Power Key” together for a few seconds
- When the LG logo appears, then release the Power Button, but keep holding the Volume Down key and then press the Power Key again
- As soon as the “Reset Factory Data” window shows up, release all the keys
- From the pop-up message, select “Yes” two times. You can use Volume keys to scroll and Power key to confirm
- That’s it. Your phone is reset to the factory settings
So, that’s it for the step by step guide to hard reset your LG G9 ThinQ. If you are still facing any difficulties, feel free to inform us.