Since the board examinations are coming up very soon, students might have already indulged themselves in preparation. Since this year, the Central board of secondary education has decided to conduct the exams in two terms i.e. term 1 and term 2. Some students might be dilly-dallying on how to prepare for their exams. So, this article is going to cover you up.
Physics is one of the most important subjects for both class 11 and class 12 students. Particularly, the aspirants of IIT JEE and NEET must prepare this subject with more focus. In order to achieve their goal to become doctors and engineers, they must ensure to take this preparation much more seriously.
Preparation for the class 11 CBSE physics
- Should be well aware of the syllabus and question paper pattern: Knowing the syllabus before starting the preparation will be the first and foremost step in the preparation phase. Recently the Central board of secondary education(CBSE)has revised the syllabus. The newly revised syllabus consists of topics as follows,
The syllabus for term 1 physics examinations is,
- Physical-world and measurement
- Chapter 1- Physical world
- Chapter 2 – Units and measurements
- Chapter 3- Motion in a straight line
- Chapter 4- Motion in a plane
- Laws of motion
- Work, power, energy
- The motion of the system of particles, rigid body
- Chapter- System of particles and rotational motion
The syllabus for the term 2 physics examination is,
- Properties of bulk matter
- Chapter – Mechanical properties of solids
- Chapter- Mechanical properties of fluids
- Thermal properties of matter
- The behavior of perfect gases, kinetic theory of gases
- Kinetic theory
- Oscillations and waves
- Chapter- Oscillations and waves
- Chapter- waves
Students can check the syllabus in detail on the internet.
Question paper pattern of Physics class 11:
According to the revised pattern question paper,
The term 1 question paper includes different typologies of questions like
- Multiple choice questions-MCQ
- Assertion and reasoning questions-ARQ
- Case study based questions
- Read NCERT: NCERT’s are said to be one of the reliable study sources for the CBSE board examinations. Many of the questions are expected to come from NCERT. That is why it is important to prepare for the examinations from NCERT. Though students opted for the other study materials, NCERT books for class 11 physics pdf will be available on the internet also. With the latest question paper pattern, there is a high probability to ask tricky questions. So it is highly advisable to read NCERT thoroughly i.e. every page in every chapter. There are many advantages to reading NCERT’s. Here are some,
- Designed as per the CBSE syllabus: since the NCERT books are made as per the CBSE syllabus strictly, you can cover up all the important topics without missing any.
- Can easily understand: NCERT books can easily be understood compared to other study materials. The lessons in NCERT are very clear and concise.
- Helpful for the competitive exams too: NCERT is the great guide to crack any competitive exam easily. Hence it could help you both for the board examinations and competitive exams.
- Concentrate on important topics: Though it is important to cover the complete syllabus, important topics must need more attention. It is advisable for the students to focus more on important topics. Important topics carry high weightage in exams, so reading them can aid students to score more marks within less time of preparation.
- From the first chapter, SI Units, Absolute Errors, Significant errors, Dimensional analysis
- This way, try to figure out the important topics in every chapter that needs more attention.
- Make notes on your learnings: Whether it is NCERT or the other study material, it is important to take notes of it. So, notes would help a day before the exam greatly. Since there will be less time available, you can always refer to that to revise the complete syllabus in a short time. While you are jutting down the notes, you must write important descriptions, concepts, formulas, diagrams, etc. Once you take the notes, you can always turn to it for any doubts instead of looking into whole textbooks turning pages to find the particular topic. Create mind maps, mnemonics for quick reference for the tough topics.
- Practice as much as possible: Although you might read the topics more than 2-3 times, the one-time practice can be more effective. Practicing the questions, especially in physics, can help in understanding the concepts in depth and their application. To practice, students can solve the previous years’ physics question papers and also the mock tests. Attempting the mock tests can also help in strengthening your preparation.
- While practicing, students must check their mistakes keenly which can help them in not repeating the same mistakes again.
- If students feel like they are not sure of the topic in a particular chapter, then do practice that topic the other time.
- Revision is as important as learning: Along with learning new chapters every day, it is important to revise the previously completed concepts once a week. This way you can complete your preparation as well as revision. Many students do not take much interest in revision. They only try to focus on learning new chapters to complete the syllabus. However, revision can aid students to remember the concepts for a long time.
Apart from the above things in the preparation phase, the other thing students must follow is that it is important to allocate consistent time of 2-3 hours for the preparation of physics alone since there is not much time left.
Conclusion: According to the new question paper pattern, students need to prepare with much vigilance since the questions might be asked from any nook of the page. Thus, in conclusion, physics is one of the subjects that can really help you to ace many competitive exams in your future. That is why it is important to start your preparation, to hone your analytical skills in solving derivatives, to put the theoretical knowledge on application of them, and so forth.